FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How is Ideal Oats® different from other portable oatmeal & cereals?
- Most convenient oatmeal & cereal products are high in sugar and low in protein. We have flipped this nutritional dilemma upside-down by providing 20 grams of protein and none of the added sugars.
OUR FLAVORS! We are offering flavors that have never been seen in oatmeal-for-sale and its taste and nutrition is good enough for the whole family! Check out these reviews from the web's #1 Cereal Blogger and Hungry Girl (half-way into vid)!
- Other products offering more protein and less sugar are most likely using artificial sweeteners (i.e. Acesulfame Potassium (Ace-K), Aspartame). We use natural sweeteners such as Stevia and Monk Fruit.
- We use high quality ingredients and we do not cut any corners to save on cost. For instance, we use Protein Isolate, not Concentrate. We use real fruit and stevia; not sugar. We use Certified Gluten-Free Old-Fashioned Oats, not instant oats.
- Many of our competitors will advise that you add milk to their oats for a better taste and texture. Milk adds unnecessary calories and sugars. Ideal Oats® taste great with milk, of course, but we created the taste of our oats to be used with just water.
- This chart helps break it down: US VS THEM
Why does the Nutrition Facts panel on Ideal Oats® look slightly different than other Nutrition Facts panels?
On May 20, 2016, the FDA announced the new Nutrition Facts label for packaged foods to reflect new scientific information, designed to make it easier for consumers to make better informed food choices. Calories are a larger font, for instance. In addition, ‘Added Sugars’ will be listed separately from 'Total Sugars', revealing the discrepancy between naturally occurring sugars (such as those from fruit), and sugars added by manufacturers. You might see some food manufacturer's moving into this new label ahead of time. We have chosen to do this as well because we want to be transparent with our label.
*The old label and the new label are both legal to use now. More info.
Why does the label show sugars if there are no sugars added?
The only sugars that are found in our product are intrinsic to the ingredients, not added. There are sugars that are naturally found in some of the ingredients, namely the berries and fruit. Even oats by itself contains a little natural sugar.
Good carbs; bad carbs. Oats have earned their place as one of the BEST carbs. Oats provide complex carbohydrates to help fuel your body and brain and houses a host of other important nutrients as well. However, oatmeal can quickly go from a slimming breakfast to a blood sugar-spiking, fattening disaster—which could make it one of the worst breakfast habits. Some label reading is in order to ensure you are eating the most nutritious breakfast possible. Our products provide you with flavorful oats with less sugar and more protein.
****If you are counting carbs, you may subtract the Dietary Fiber and the Erythritol from the Total Carbohydrates to get a Net Carbs count.
Are Ideal Oats® Gluten Free?The products are Certified Gluten Free.
Do Ideal Oats® contain lactose?